Saturday, May 8, 2010

Really Awesome Choclate Frosting

I made these cupcakes for my friend Mandy's birthday a few weeks ago.  There is nothing special about the cake, I had several kitchen disasters that weekend and I could only squeeze out these yellow cupcakes from a box in time for my dinner party.  But this frosting is from scratch and it's from Martha Stewart and it tastes absolutely dreamy.  It is a cinch to make and pipes fantastically.

I was frantically searching for a chocolate frosting recipe that didn't involve too much time.  I found this one in her Cupcakes book and I think that it is my new go to recipe for chocolate frosting.  The best part about Martha?  She usually posts the recipes found in her books on her website.  You can find the recipe for this wonderful icing here.  Small hint though, don't let your butter get too soft sitting on your counter.  I had mine out too long and it was too soft.  This led to icing too soft for piping.  I whipped it in the fridge for 20 minutes and had no trouble after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails