Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Lucy



Today it is my sister's dog Lucy's birthday.  I have been totally smitten with her ever since she was a puppy.  She went through kind of a hard time because she broke her leg when she was only about three months old.  Everyone in my family became super attached to her.


My sister threw her a little birthday party and she asked me to make a cake for the people.  It was a Funfetti cake with lemon curd filling and fluffy white buttercream frosting.  I was having difficulties with my cake baking this weekend, so I was lucky that I was able to get anything that even closely resembled a cake to the party.  Even then, the lemon curd filling make the top layer slide off the bottom once the cake was cut.  I use the Martha Stewart recipe for lemon curd, however, I am concerned that it does not set up properly for me and perhaps I should try a different recipe.  I have made that particular recipe several times and not had a lot of success with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails